Submissions are currently CLOSED. Please see below for our next reading period.
Anatolios is committed to uplifting and amplifying the voices of writers and artists who have historically been suppressed. As such, we strongly encourage those who identify as POC, LGBT+, disabled, women, other marginalized identities (and especially any intersection of those) to send in their work.
Anatolios Magazine accepts submissions of prose, poetry, and visual art (including photography). We strive to reply to submissions promptly, but if you have not received a reply within one month, please feel free to query.
We publish an issue in January, May, and September. Our submission periods are as follows:
January issue (themed): December 1st-31st
May issue: April 1st-30th
September issue: August 1st-31st
- You must be over the age of 13 in order to submit to us.
- Please send your submissions to email@example.com with the subject line “GENRE – Last Name – Title” (example: POETRY – Shakespeare – Sonnet 2)
- Limit your submissions to the following:
- Up to 6 poems, each on a new page (ctrl+enter in most word processors) in the same document, single spaced
- 1 piece of up to 10,000 words of prose (fiction or nonfiction), double spaced
- Up to 6 pieces of visual art
- Attach text submissions as a .docx or .doc in Palatino Linotype 12 point font, and image submissions as high-quality jpg/png files. (If you cannot put it in our preferred font, Times New Roman is also acceptable, but your formatting may be affected in the final magazine.) Please only submit as a pdf if you have very specialized formatting that cannot otherwise be conveyed.
- Do not include identifying information in the document itself, as we try to read blind.
- Include a cover letter in the body of your email, along with a brief third-person biography (~50 words) with links to your social media (so we can give you a shout-out when you’re published!)
- We do not accept work that has been previously published, including on personal blogs. Simultaneous submissions are allowed, but please inform us ASAP if your piece is accepted elsewhere.
- If your work is accepted, we ask for First North American Serial Rights, which means you are giving us permission to be the first to publish it in North America, but all rights revert to you upon publication. We ask that if you republish a piece, you credit us as the first publication. Unfortunately, we cannot provide payment at this point in time, but we will gladly promote your work and provide links to your social media.